Thursday, December 31, 2015

Top U.S. general in Afghanistan says he may seek more troops

(CNN)The U.S.'s top commander in Afghanistan said in an interview published Tuesday that he wants to keep as many troops as possible on the ground and would not rule out seeking additional forces.

In an interview with USA Today, Army General John Campbell said he intends to "keep as much as I could for as long as I could."

"If I don't believe that we can accomplish the train, advise and assist and the (counter-terrorism) missions, then I owe it to the senior leadership to come back and say, 'Here's what I need.' If that's more people, it's more people," Campbell said.

President Barack Obama has previously announced that the U.S. will reduce its military footprint from 9,800 troops to 5,500 by 2017. - Read More 

Top U.S. general in Afghanistan says he may seek more troops

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home