Thursday, July 28, 2016

Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like you carried me - Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — His own legacy on the line, President Barack Obama implored Americans to elect Hillary Clinton to the White House, casting her as a candidate who believes in the optimism that drives the nation's democracy and warning against the "deeply pessimistic vision" of Republican Donald Trump.

"America is already great. America is already strong," he declared to cheering delegates Wednesday night at the Democratic convention. "And I promise you, our strength, our greatness, does not depend on Donald Trump."

Though Obama has six months left in office, his address Wednesday had the feeling of a political transition. He was emotional as he thanked Americans for sustaining him through difficult stretches.

"Tonight, I ask you to do for Hillary Clinton what you did for me," he said. "I ask you to carry her the same way you carried me." - Read More

Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like you carried me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home