Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Transcript: Pope Francis’s speech at the White House - washingtonpost

The follow is the prepared text of Pope Francis’s speech, delivered Wednesday morning at the White House. (See the transcript of President Obama’s remarks)
I am deeply grateful for your welcome in the name of all Americans. As the son of an immigrant family, I am happy to be a guest in this country, which was largely built by such families. I look forward to these days of encounter and dialogue, in which I hope to listen to, and share, many of the hopes and dreams of the American people.

During my visit I will have the honor of addressing Congress, where I hope, as a brother of this country, to offer words of encouragement to those called to guide the nation’s political future in fidelity to its founding principles. I will also travel to Philadelphia for the Eighth World Meeting of Families, to celebrate and support the institutions of marriage and the family at this, a critical moment in the history of our civilization. - Read More at washingtonpost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home