Friday, December 07, 2018

Family, friends recall the ‘profound legacy’ of George H.W. Bush - PBS

The final funeral for George H.W. Bush was held today at his family church in Houston. Some 1,200 mourners gathered to honor the late president. Following the service, Bush’s casket was transported to College Station, and he was laid to rest next to his wife of 73 years, Barbara, and daughter Robin on the grounds of the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum at Texas A&M University

James Baker:
I have always been proud that George Bush used to describe our relationship as one of big brother and little brother.

He would look at me and he'd say: "Baker, if you're so smart, why am I president and you're not?"

George P. Bush:
Today, I stand before you as the oldest grandson of the man I simply knew as Gampy. George Herbert Walker Bush was the most gracious, most decent, most humble man that I will ever know. - Read More
 Family, friends recall the 'profound legacy' of George H.W. Bush | PBS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home