Wednesday, September 27, 2017

President Ghani’s Remarks At The Joint Press Conference

27 September 2017
Kabul-Afghanistan

I Welcome Secretary-General of NATO Stoltenberg and Defense Secretary of the United States General Mattis to Afghanistan.

First of all, I thank the NATO member countries for the continuous and sustained support, who have paid the ultimate sacrifices to provide security and fight against terrorism in our country. I particularly appreciate the continued sacrifices of the United States.

As President of Afghanistan, I am also grateful to our defense and security forces for their courage during the last three years. I thank the defense minister, minister of interior, Hanif Atmar and the rest of the leaders and specifically those sons of this soil who have rendered the unrivaled sacrifices for the defense of our land, constitution and religious values.

I would like to thank General Nicholson for his effective role in supporting our security and defense forces.

On behalf of the Afghan people, I thank President Trump and General Mattis, who finalized their strategy on Afghanistan and provided opportunity for success in countering terrorism and creating a political atmosphere for pursuing enduring and stable peace. I thank them because with the new strategy, all ambiguity in Afghanistan and the region is removed.

I also thank NATO’s Secretary-General, Mr. Stoltenberg, a friend of ours for his continued support for the resolute support mission in Afghanistan and his efforts to ensure security in the country.

Now that we have clarity from the US on their strategy, and General Mattis has decided to send new troops to Afghanistan, I hope that other members of NATO will respond positively to the request of General Nicholson and the Secretary-General to support and train the Afghan security and defense forces. - Read More

President of Afghanistan at joint press conference in Kabul ... - YouTube



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home