Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Barack Obama's full speech to House of Commons - The Star

The U.S. president said he was grateful for his relationship with Trudeau, and his greeting was “simply a reflection of the extraordinary alliance and deep friendship between Canadians and Americans.”

OTTAWA—Mr. Prime Minister, Mr. Speaker, members of the House, members of the Senate, distinguished guests, people of Canada, thank you for this extraordinary welcome, which tempts me to just shut up and leave.

Because it can’t get any better than this.

Obviously, I’m grateful for the warm welcome. I’m extraordinarily grateful for the close working relationship and friendship with your outstanding prime minister, Justin Trudeau and his extraordinary wife Sophie.

But I think it’s fair to say that much of this greeting is simply a reflection of the extraordinary alliance and deep friendship between Canadians and Americans. Justin, thank you for your very kind words, and for the new energy and hope that your leadership has brought to your nation, as well as to the alliance. My time in office may be nearing an end, but I know that Canada and the world will benefit from your leadership for years to come.

So Canada was the very first country that I visited as president. It was in February.

It was colder. I was younger. - Read More
Barack Obama's full speech to House of Commons

Climate deal caps North American leaders' summit
Photos: The Three Amigos join forces in historic visit - More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home