Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Obama: ‘I still have a lot of debt to pay’ to Hillary Clinton --- President Obama said Tuesday "one of the best decisions" he made in office "was to ask Hillary Clinton to serve as our nation’s secretary of state." -- "I’ll always be grateful for her extraordinary leadership representing our nation around the world," he said at the Clinton Global Initiative in New York. “And I still have a lot of debt to pay" to his former secretary of state because her frenetic schedule -- the State Department said she traveled 956,733 miles in the position -- kept the Clintons apart. -- "Hillary put in a lot of miles during her tenure as secretary of state. She has the post-administration glow right now," Obama said. "She looks much more rested." -- Of course, with the 2016 race just around the corner, that may be a temporary condition. -- Obama thanked Bill Clinton for his "friendship and leadership" -- and offered something in return. -- There may be no presidential perk more envied -- at least by gridlock-plagued New Yorkers -- than the official motorcade. When you're commander-in-chief, forget traffic -- you don't have to worry about traffic lights, either. -- And so Obama offered a very pregnant Chelsea Clinton a lift to the hospital should she go into labor during his remarks. "I was just discussing with President Clinton that if Chelsea begins delivery while I'm speaking, she has my motorcade and will be able to navigate traffic," Obama said. "Because actually, it's pretty smooth for me during the week. I don't know what the problem is. Everybody hypes the traffic, but I haven't noticed." -- A motorcade does tend to smooth that out. - More, Katie Zezima, Washingtonpost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home