Monday, December 23, 2013

Mission accomplished, says Snowden: Washington Post --- (Reuters) - Former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor Edward Snowden, who revealed extensive details of global electronic surveillance by the U.S. spy agency, said in an interview published on Tuesday that he has accomplished what he set out to do. -- "For me, in terms of personal satisfaction, the mission's already accomplished," he told the Washington Post. The newspaper said it spoke to Snowden over two days of nearly unbroken conversation in Moscow, "fueled by burgers, pasta, ice cream and Russian pastry." --- "I already won," Snowden said. "As soon as the journalists were able to work, everything that I had been trying to do was validated. Because, remember, I didn't want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself." - More, at: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/24/us-usa-snowden-idUSBRE9BN04B20131224

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home