Thursday, November 21, 2013

Karzai says doesn't trust U.S., but needs security pact --- (Reuters) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai told a meeting of tribal elders and political leaders on Thursday they should support a vital security pact with the United States, but acknowledged there was little trust between the two nations. -- The Loya Jirga, or grand council, involving about 2,500 Afghans convened a day after Karzai and Washington reached agreement on a pact defining the shape of the U.S. military presence after a 2014 drawdown of multinational NATO force. -- "My trust with America is not good. I don't trust them and they don't trust me," Karzai said. -- "During the past 10 years I have fought with them and they have made propaganda against me." -- The five-day Loya Jirga will now debate the draft and decide whether U.S. troops will stay or leave Afghan forces to fight the Taliban insurgency alone. - More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home