Thursday, October 29, 2009

Daily Beast exclusive: The Karzai brothers fight back

The brothers of Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, Ahmed -- reported Wednesday to be on the CIA payroll -- and Mahmoud, talk exclusively with The Daily Beast's Gerald Posner. They fiercely deny the CIA claim and blame it on enemies of the Afghan regime and The New York Times.

"So now, if people want to think I am a spy, fine. I'll continue to help the Americans because I must do that in order to help the Afghan people and to keep my country from falling back into the hands of the Taliban. There are five million people in this country. How come I am the only one who is mentioned as a spy and drug dealer? I’m sick of these political attacks, but they can’t be avoided." - Daily Beast exclusive: The Karzai brothers fight back

Brother of Afghan Leader Is Said to Be on C.I.A. Payroll - NYtimes
Afghan leader's brother denies CIA paychecks - Afghanistan- msnbc.com

Obama seeks study on local Afghan leaders for troop decision
Kerry Calls for Patient Strategy in Afghanistan - nytimes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home