Friday, February 22, 2008

Obama-Clinton Debate Starts Warm, Heats Up -- Washington Post

Obama said his candidacy is based on his belief that he is ready to be president. "I wouldn't be running if I didn't think I was prepared to be commander in chief," he said. "My number one job as president would be to keep the American people safe, and I will do whatever is required to accomplish that."

And he returned, in forceful language, to what has long been his primary example of judgment: the war in Iraq. He said that "Senator Clinton was wrong in her judgment" on that vote in a way "that now has consequences," because it has diverted efforts away from Afghanistan and the hunt for al-Qaeda. Obama also said he was "right" on the question of Pakistan when he argued against banking on Gen. Pervez Musharraf to the exclusion of other Pakistani leaders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home