Monday, August 06, 2007

Bush, Karzai Focus on Al-Qaeda in Pakistan

Bush, Karzai Press Conference, --- We've committed more than $23 billion since 2001 to help rebuild the country. I think our citizens will be interested to know, for example, that 7,000 community health care workers have been trained, that provide about 340,000 Afghan men, women and children a month with good health care. --- BUSH: Let me comment on the civilian casualties, if I might. --- First, I fully understand the angst, the agony and the sorrow that Afghan citizens feel when an innocent life is lost. I know that must cause grief in villages and heartbreak in homes. --- Secondly, I can assure the Afghan people, like I assured the president, that we do everything that we can to protect the innocent, that our military operations are mindful that innocent life might be exposed to danger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home