Thursday, January 25, 2007

Afghan MPs Predict "Very Big War" (Civilian deaths, corruption, occupying troops leading to "jihad" against foreigners, say leaders)

"Everything is gone now, we have nothing. I regret it not because I am no longer with the Taliban, but because this government does not have the power to improve our country. -- "It's getting worse and worse and worse. I don't have any hope. But whatever is happening now, the people can't complain. If they make a noise the local governor will say they are Taliban or Al-Qaeda and get them sent to Bagram." --- Watanwall predicted any new full-scale jihad would have the same result. "Of course some tribes will fight each other," he said. "They will say: you are Pashtun, I am Tajik; I am Tajik, you are Hazara; you are Shia, I am Pashtun. The civil war will start because of differences of skin, differences of language, differences of religion." -- "Hazaras say they don't have enough positions in the government; Uzbeks say that, Tajiks say that, even Pashtuns say that and they have Karzai as President. Now it's ideological and with words, but soon it will turn to violence. -- "I believe if the international forces and the government don't take any strong steps then soon it will start and it could get as bad as Iraq."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home